Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Watched 2 good DVDs recently - Vera Drake and The Notebook. I've also been reading - I whizzed through "The Da Vinci Code" - thought I'd better read it to see what all the fuss is about and because it's always being mentioned in the local paper as I live about 7 miles from Rosslyn Chapel. I thought it was a good page-turner but I started getting bored around the 500 page mark. I then read two thirds of "The Republic of Love" by Carol Shields before giving up on it - I expected better from an author who's won so many prizes but I found this book rather trite. A much better book was "The Dive from Clausen's Pier" by Ann Packer. The main character is an avid sewer and she retreats into this hobby after her fiance's accident. I am now serously thinking of buying a sewing-machine - I've even gone so far as to price them on the interent. I see a new hobby coming up!

No comments: