Thursday, September 09, 2004

So, what yarn did I acquire while I was in Chicago. First off was not a purchase but a gift from Carolyn.

Isn't it gorgeous? It's from Foxhill Farm and it's 65% Come and 35% silk so it's got a lovely sheen to it. It's destined to be a tank.
I did buy my self some sock yarn:

Though strictly speaking the Lorna Laces sock yarn (on the right) was not bought in Chicago. Arcadia Knitting had only 1 skein in stock and I just had to have this colour. So, Carolyn ordered it for me and had it shipped to her ofice but I gave her the money in chicago so it's a Chicago yarn purchase.
I also bought some Koigu from Wool and Company:

as you can see I couldn't wait to knit the Koigu and I started a scarf while in Chicago.
Next up some Mission Falls 1842 cotton:

more on this yarn in my next post.

Finally, some Modigliani which sure is a strange yarn - it's incredibly stretchy:


No idea yet what I'm going to knit with it. Currently, I'm thinking a ribbed top of some kind.

No comments: