Friday, May 13, 2011

Purple Tailored Cardigan

Purple Tailored Cardigan by Linda McK
Purple Tailored Cardigan, a photo by Linda McK on Flickr.

I'm so glad to get this one finished. Fuzzy yarn in a dark colour does not make for easy row counting. Throw in a lot of evening knitting and the fact that I'm very close to needing varifocals and it all adds up to not a very enjoyable knitting experience.
This is my second one of this pattern. This time I made the same size but in a slightly heavier yarn so it is bigger. I also made it longer, added 4 buttons instead of 3 (they were already in the button box no point in leaving one as it'll never get used). The sleeves are also longer but I've made them too long this time. I should have made the bottom garter bands bigger but I got bored doing garter stitch.
I like how it's turned oiut and can see myself getting lots of wear out of it.

No comments: