Thursday, April 14, 2011

I even thought about podcasting

microphone by timsnell
microphone, a photo by timsnell on Flickr.

which if you knew me you'd find hilarious as you'd definitely not describe me as a talker.

I know in theory what would make a good podcast (or rather I know what I enjoy listening to) but putting it into practice would be a different matter and would take a lot more time than blogging. Spare time is something that I don't have a lot of currently.

There's a lot of knitting podcasts out there but I only listen to a handful. If I don't like a podcaster's voice then I won't listen to the podcast no matter how good it is. I do prefer UK podcasts but there's not many of them of around and I've certainly not heard a Scottish one.

My current favourite is the imake podcast. It's more of a multi-craft pod rather than just a knitting pod. Martine has a very pleasant voice and the podcast is very professionally produced. She's based in Guernsey so she differentiates her podcast from the others by including a regular section about all things Guernsey. She's only been podcasting since August, has produced 19 episodes and has covered a number of different crafts. I'm working my way through the back catalogue and I rather like the sound of working with precious metal clay. I've even looked up classes but I couldn't find any in Edinburgh or Glasgow.

So, what's your favourite podcast and do you listen to any non-craft podcasts?

2 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

I used to listen to lime and violet. I was really sad when they disappeared. I have to share an office now, though, so don't get to listen to podcasts at lunchtime anymore!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda - thanks for the mention! I am so pleased you are enjoying the podcast :-)

Martine