Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The return of the blog?

Four years and a day since I last blogged no reason why I can't start again. I've been mulling over the idea of returning to blogging for a while now driven mainly by my increasing ambivalence towards Ravelry. Don't get me wrong I think Ravelry is a great site and I have spent waaaay too much time on the site since 2008 but I've been feeling for the past six months or so that alot of that it's become a time suck and that time has been wasted and could be better spent doing something else. The patterns and projects side has become an essential tool and I'll keep on using them but I should keep out of the forums. It's not as if I was posting, I've just spent a lot of time reading threads and thinking of posting comments but hardly ever doing so. So, whenever I feel the temptation to go into the forums tab I'm going to start a blog post instead. The cardigan in the previous post is still in existence and has never been worn. It sits (or to be more accurate) is half falling off a shelf in the wardrobe waiting to be reknitted into a Saroyan.

2 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

She's back, she's back! ;)

Emma said...

Hello there !