Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hey, it's true photos can look completely different on different monitors. I posted the photo of my current project on my home computer and it looked fairly accurate colour-wise and you could see the cables. Today, I'm looking at it at work and it can be best described as a dark, indistinguishable blob. I have to turn the brightness control all the way before the cables start to emerge. So for everyone out there who just sees a blob I'm knitting the Must Have cardigan. I'm knitting the large size as I'm using DK weight wool which is of a finer gauge than the pattern calls for. I can never be bothered faffing around with all the maths so I just went a size up. Of course, after I had cast on and did an evenings worth of knitting on it I come across lots of blogs where they say the sizing comes out smaller than expected. So, after lots of worrying yesterday I got back home and measured the back as between 19 and 20 inches (depending on how much I stretched it)which will make a good sized cardigan.

No comments: