Saturday, November 04, 2006

Just because I happened to be wearing it this morning:



Didn't realise the sun was directly behind me but you can still see the pattern.

Pattern: Sirdar Pattern Booklet 289 Design G
Yarn: Yarn Warehouse Aran

This was a real p.i.t.a to knit.It wasn't mindless stocking stitch that I could zone out on and rattle through while watching tv. I had to concentrate but the cable was not complicated enough to engage the brain so it turned out a rather boring knit. I would knit once piece and then take a break of a couple of weeks and then knit another. Each piece was slow going as I was so bored. Another thing I didn't like about the pattern was that the collar seems to start too far from the neck - I prefer mine a bit snugger.
If you haven't used Yarn Warehouse wool before it grows in the wash. I should have known this from experience and knitted the size down from the one I selected then I would be happy wearing it over a t-shirt.
Overall, I thing it turned out alright. I wanted it to be worn as a jacket rather than a cardigan.

So I've had 6 months away from blogging you would think I had a pile of knits to show off. Well, the sum total was 2 cardigans and 2 pairs of socks. I'll show the other cardigan next time I blog.

I've been enjoying myself over the summer with weekends away. I was away on holiday last week. The weather was pants but I had a great time. Here's where I stayed - nice and remote:

No comments: